Monday, July 8, 2013

Now you see me, now you don't...


Hopefully these finished images of the figure with its base demonstrates the principles of  camouflage as I see it.  That is, integrating it with the surrounding base.

Spending a lot of effort to paint camo patterns that are not complimented by the base is not terrible fun, as I see it.


To envelop the miniature in a base that is themed to match is not only fun, but very satisfying.


In addition, I tried to make the colors of the "non camo" surfaces match the environment by including some of those colors.  For instance, the grey of the gun was lightened with colors that I had used to highlight the base.  The same went for the boots and pouches.


I have also done a jungle camo figure, which I will show tomorrow!  Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to hit reply... sorry! The mini came with the 30mm base, which is why it is that size.

      Delete
  2. Thanks! He is just a standard infantry size, thus the 30 mm base :-)

    ReplyDelete