A collection of images that feature my painted miniatures. It features many of my award winning figures and terrain pieces painted since 2001.
- Blood Bowl Teams
- Step By Step: Painting a Predator
- Using the 'Shaded Basecoat' Technique to paint Saurus warriors
- Step By Step armor for Tomb Kings Horsemen
- Step by Step painting of a Gamezone Cold One
- Painting a marble and tile flying base
- How I photograph my miniatures: A window into my photo booth
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Completing the Ushabti guards
That word will be very nice to say over and over again... completion. :-)
There are a lot of items that are on the verge of completion as well, so there will be quite a blitz over the last few days. It is going to be extremely difficult, but I will try as hard as I possibly can!
This gives me the four Bowshabti that I needed to stick between the pillars.
It also gives me the 4 man unit that I had originally planned when I first started making 2250 point lists for Adepticon...
Stay tuned for much more!!
Completing the sculpting of the Colossus
Today saw the final stages of the sculpting process on the Colossus. As usual, there were all new challenges that had to be overcome with this project.
For those who saw the previous post, you know I was lamenting the fact that all the skulls and scarabs were located on the back of this piece where it was unlikely for anyone to see them! So, I added a bunch of scarabs and skulls to the front...
The next new thing was the quiver of giant arrows. I used polystyrene tubing, attaching some plasticard fins. It was difficult to know just how much space there was going to be for these things! I also had to be able to get a brush into all the crevices of the arrow bunch and the quiver!
Once that was done, it was time to break out the liquid green stuff. I use this to smooth areas quickly, but also for sculpting purposes. For instance, the feather texture on the plasticard fins went a lot faster by dry brushing some liquid green stuff on them!
Here I was finalizing the work on the giant bow. For structural purposes, it is much less "flexed", instead appearing as if it has just been fired. Yea 5+ to hit... maybe. We shall see.
I tried to tie up all the loose ends, like putting designs on the gauntlets, working on the base, etc. Now all I have to do is paint it! That's all...
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)