Friday, April 5, 2013

Fallback plan for objective markers

Since time is becoming scarce for getting everything done for Adepticon, I am trying to come up with a few ways of doing the 3 objective markers that I need.  

The original plan was to have Marines impaled on spikes with blood dripping down, etc., and some new slaves chained to the spikes.  I a, not sure I will have time for all that, so I decided to paint up 3 slaves quickly so that those were ready to be put on a more simplified version.

This would likely be bases with mosaics or statuary like some of the bases you have seen on the Venoms and the Razorwing.

You have seen one of these slave girls already, sitting on the back of the Archon's Venom.  These are from Bronze Age Miniatures.

I did a little experiment with the transparent red.  I mixed it with some of the lighter flesh tone colors, which made an interesting pink.  I was able to use this in areas where the capilaries are closer to the surface of the skin.  This was done on the hands and cheeks, and it did help create some interesting effects.

By the way, the blog has now surpassed the 700,000 page view mark!  Many thanks to everyone who has visited!!!

The Incubi take shape!

OK!  Time for some images of the finished Incubi.  As some of you already know (or most!), I converted these from regular Kabal Warriors using Raging Heroes bits, plasticard and other GW bits.

You can see one of the posts here:

These were very fun conversions.  Some of the parts were more difficult to create, such as the Klaives (using plasticard), but well worth it. :-)

I think I even used some WFB beastman horns on a few of the helmets!

Speaking of Raging Heroes, the TGG kickstarter draws ever closer!!!  Here's the latest concept art piece which was just posted today...

Asharah's retinue in progress

Here we have some work in progress shots of the Incubi unit that is riding in the Venom along with Asharah, Archon of the Dark Eldar army.

Just as you saw with the Kabal warriors, the shaded basecoat technique was out in force.  These pictures show them just about ready for the glazing and shading stage.

And then the glazing and shading begin...

Just as it did with the Kabal Warriors, the darker shading and tinting makes a dramatic difference.  The tinting aspect is particularly helpful on the trophies and helmets, because I can create lots of new color themes from a very basic starting color.

I added some glowing symbols on the Klaives, and then did some blood.

 I will start posting some of the finished images tomorrow... stay tuned!

The last of the Fenryll

This is the final figure that I uncovered from the archives... circa 2005-2006.

It will be fun to get back into some of this color flesh tone again. :-)