Last night was a bit of everything. I was practicing the lava painting to see if I could learn some new tricks to put in the lava video. I was trying to use less of the flourescent orange, emphasizing the mixing of magenta with standard yellow.
Also, it was the first time I used the Badger paints for more than a brush stroke on a palette. I was testing the ghost tints in particular, so see if they would make good glazing colors.
Using the Badger paints with a brush was great, since they are already thinned down! I didn't have to use flow improver at all, which was cool.
I only used the very dark ghost tint on this spider. I will be trying out some of the other ones as this moves along. It seemed as if there was a bit of shininess... but I need to test out more colors.
I chose this type of base for the lava painting, since it is the easiest base for a newcomer to base construction. It is also a little easier to replicate over the course of a whole army, as I am doing with this spider/Morgul Knight LOTR force! Stay tuned for more!