A collection of images that feature my painted miniatures. It features many of my award winning figures and terrain pieces painted since 2001.
- Blood Bowl Teams
- Step By Step: Painting a Predator
- Using the 'Shaded Basecoat' Technique to paint Saurus warriors
- Step By Step armor for Tomb Kings Horsemen
- Step by Step painting of a Gamezone Cold One
- Painting a marble and tile flying base
- How I photograph my miniatures: A window into my photo booth
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Freehand movement tray designs for Bowshabti
OK, here's another unit that now has its movement tray! I am going to stick with the same inscription on each one, since it takes a lot of time to translate stuff, and no one will ever really look at it anyway :-)
Ilyad Miniatures Snow Troll
Or at least that is what I thought it was. :-) When I was trying to decide what to do with the colors, I wanted to see the contrast between some warm colors on the armor, vs the colder hues of the base and the hair/flesh, etc.
I always enjoy working with more of a brassy color on armor, and it turned out to be quite fun to juxtapose that vs. the darker blues in the hair.
I made a whole series of these snow bases. I am pretty sure they appear in some of the other galleries, most noticeably the Eldar Banshee gallery.
The snow was done in the usual way... painted in grayish blues, and then a light layer of snow flock on top!
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)