A collection of images that feature my painted miniatures. It features many of my award winning figures and terrain pieces painted since 2001.
- Blood Bowl Teams
- Step By Step: Painting a Predator
- Using the 'Shaded Basecoat' Technique to paint Saurus warriors
- Step By Step armor for Tomb Kings Horsemen
- Step by Step painting of a Gamezone Cold One
- Painting a marble and tile flying base
- How I photograph my miniatures: A window into my photo booth
Sunday, August 19, 2012
The end result...
OK folks! Here are some preliminary images. I still have some more weapons to do, and some shoulder heraldry.
Here are some views of the magnetized Knights.
And the whole group...
Glazing and tinting the Shaded Basecoat
Here are those images I promised. You can see a huge difference from the previous set. All that was done, for the most part, was darkening all of the colors with a variety of glazes. This helps to make the midtones a bit richer, since I started from that point. There are times when you work all the way up from the darkest dark that you "skip past" your middle tones, and go directly to the very light colors.
By glazing and tinting my colors, it does make it a lot easier to match color done on previous minis. I don't have to memorize any formulas!
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)