Saturday, November 24, 2012

All hail the King!



Since Angron had some 'surprises' that only Forgeworld can provide, images of him are coming later.

For the moment, we have something that will be needed for my Adepticon Tomb Kings Army.  A Tomb King!  This particular version will go on my warshpinx.

For those who are not familiar with the Tainted Pharaoh, I suggest that you go to the collection of posts (about 80 in total) that describe the army, the display board, the story behind it all, and how it was made!

I started out by establishing the dark green base.


Then it was time to introduce the flourescent colors, such as the green.  I mixed a Vallejo Fluo green with emerald.


More lightening of that color, gradually introducing more bright yellowish white.


A few more layers to get it to the final highlight...


I started working on the metals at this time as well.  I used some pink in with my greys, matching what I had done over most of the other figures.  Remember, this is a Tzeentch tainted army, so wild colors are the norm!


More highlights, along with some that are more blueish.


I added some accents, like some flourescent magentas.


Just like with Angron, once all the shaded basecoat is complete, it's time to start shading and tinting darker!  We start with the greens...


All the other surfaces are shaded darker as well, such as the wrappings, armor, weapon, etc.


Stay Tuned!  Tomorrow you will see him on the reworked Warsphinx!


No comments:

Post a Comment