Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Frozen Solid


As most of you already know, I have been using the Secret Weapon crushed glass/water effects method for a while.  I enjoy the flexibility that it allows, where I can have very slushy looking snow or very crisp white snow.

Also, it has that "sparkle" or crystalline appearance that standard snow flock does not have.


These snow techniques work on vehicles as well!  I have a few how to videos on this process, like this Facebook Live session:



I am working on a series of videos for the Patreon Page that also involve winter basing, demonstrating a few different combinations for the snow.


I also have the latest battle report posted to the YouTube channel!



2 comments:

  1. What did you use for the white uniforms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a series of glazes, mostly a greenish gray. The Secret Weapon weathering paints are very nice for glazing. I use them all the time to paint my vehicles, and the same grayish colors I used for the Dunklegrau vehicles are nice for shading the uniforms :-)

      Delete