Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Greys with Guns


We return to the Weird West with The Watchers from Wild West Exodus.  This time, the long range hired hands.


It won't be long now before the kickstarter rewards will be heading out to all the guys and gals who have been eagerly anticipating their early arrival!  This also means that you will be able to build up your new posses very rapidly since they will be available in the Outlaw Miniatures shop too!


I have been having a lot more fun than I expected painting the Greys.  It turns out that I have forgotten how much fun I had making the Shades of Grey video, where I explored all kinds of tints to what can be an overlooked color.


On these guys, I have been including teal, purple, brownish gray and even some green in areas where the glow from the gun casts a bit of light on them.

In addition, I can add even more warm tans and sienna tones on the bases, making them a nice foil to the more neutral grays on the figure itself.  I can't wait for the first group shots!!!

Cowboys vs. Aliens!!


No comments:

Post a Comment