Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Frost Paladin


This very unusual figure is another one from the out of sight, out of mind collection.  I had begun working on it many years ago, but a final theme eluded me, and it was pushed to the background.

I had the ice base painted as part of the video project already, and I thought the ice theme might work!


I was already considering a sort of blue and gold scheme, as other current projects are using these colors.  The blues of the robes and shield were a bit more saturated than the ice, which had more muted grays and indigo blues.  I even used a bit of Reaper clear purple in the shadow areas of the robes to give those a little extra punch, and some interest in those darker colors.


I did take a series of photos of the base, so that you can see how it looked before the figure took over!


She's also here:



No comments:

Post a Comment