Saturday, September 26, 2015

She's a very Wicked Witch


Yes she is!  Very wicked indeed.  This rather naughty witch is from the Black Scorpion Miniatures line.  They have all sorts of fun figures, including a huge range of pirate figures!  Undead Pirates battling Dwarf buccaneers, even pesky goblin pirates!


You will be seeing more of those here, along with some of the western theme figures.


The base is from DragonForge design, and the foliage came from Hangar 18 and Kings Hobby and Games websites.


I thought the sheer cloth would be very fun to paint, and it was.  A tribute to Sidonia the Sorceress was intended as well.  Her dress was woven of spider silk, and it had the look of a spider's web.  

I even did a painting called Sidonia the Sorceress, which is in the 2D art section of the blog.

This figure is also available here:


2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful piece, both the miniature and the way you painted here.
    The vines provide a great contrast with the grey of the rest of the base and miniature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I had just gotten that foliage, and I hoped it might work in that way. When I saw the images, then I knew that I had made a good choice, and that I had a new tool in the box! :-)

      Delete