Saturday, August 8, 2015

Green to get brown...


Yeah, that sounds weird, but the old "red and green make brown" statement really is true.  Sometimes, however, the green is not always mixed completely with that red.


As you know, I have been using a lot of green on these Red Box Games figures, both on the skin tones and the leathers.


Back in my early days of painting, my leather colors were more of an "out of the jar" mix which was nice, but lacked this kind of depth.

It's also a lot more fun to paint this way... a far more accurate representation of how I used to paint with pastels and oils!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely work as always =)
    This miniature in particular really takes me back to the Rackham catalogues for games like Hybrid and Confrontation.
    Very interested in the techniques you used with oil and pastels on minis?!

    ReplyDelete