Saturday, April 25, 2015

A touch of makeup on the dead...


As the final wall got it's demon wallpaper, it was time to think about the exterior walls.


I brought out a few weathering powders... some earth tones and a black.  Most of these were from Secret Weapon miniatures, which has a fantastic range to choose between.


Along the front entrance and the lower parts of the walls, I focused on a darker brown earth color, with a more sandy tone mixed in.

I "scumbled" those colors together right on the wall, mixing them together with the bristles of the filbert brush.


In this image, you can see that the roof was hit with a mixture of the black and reddish brown.

I continued that color mix in the form of streaks from the roof.

A new trick I discovered was to use a can of compressed air (normally for cleaning computers of dust) to sculpt the powders.  I found that I could move them around a bit, and remove excess where needed.

Wearing a mask of some kind when you do this would be a good idea.


Since the proprietor of this establishment is a very prominent politician, you see his portrait on the wall.  You will hear much more about him in future episodes, especially when my Union posse hits the field.


The posters on the outside walls definitely need their weathering effects.


I thought I would put a rug on the floor.  In the future, a casket set up and some flowers will go inside to complete the building's interior space.


A few exterior shots after posters and powders were applied.


I will do a set of completed images of this building that has some miniatures around it and inside!

So, there you have the Undertaker's building from Burn In Designs!!!


6 comments:

  1. All that is left is to add a couple of deluxe show coffins in the showroom and a stack of pine boxes in the back. Guess I need to drop off a few and a black coach to pull them with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very characterful!
    Quite a nice town you are collecting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the sign a decal or did you do that free hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made that in photoshop. The wood was a layer, and the type was paced on top, using the eraser tool and a bristle brush setting to 'wear' it down...

      Delete
  4. I would love those, that's for sure! :-)

    ReplyDelete