Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Meet Stompy


Well, you have seen the basing project, and even the first few stages of painting the Great Elk.  Now you get to see it all together!!


This is the Great Elk of the Warrior Nation, one of their heavy supports.


This is, as might imagine, a brutal monster, which has colossal hitting power and a 3 inch halo!  I'm certainly looking forward to that :-)


As gigantic as the base was, I never anticipated that the 'miniature' would make it look so small!  Wild!


I am so glad that I chose to create this vignette with the ruined Fire Bringer and the hapless gunslinger.  I don't think he's got enough RJ-1027 in that pistol to do much harm before he gets flattened by Stompy!


I have played with a number of vehicles in my previous armies, and even some monsters (Lizardmen and Tomb Kings), but they pale in comparison to this beast.


Stompy will also be my entry in the Crystal Brush, intended for the Fantasy/Steampunk large creature category.  I'm hoping that he does not have to go in the open category.


This looks so fun from just about any angle, it made all the hours of work on the base worthwhile.  I really tried hard to position it to get the best visuals, but also keep it as "out of the way" as possible for when we are playing games.


So, when you see him up for the voting process at some point, you will have a pretty good idea of what went into making this thing a reality.  Stay tuned for much more!!!


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He's all solid resin too... drop him on your foot and you have a broken foot, I think :-)

      Delete
  2. Great Elk "Stompy" looks fantasic. He is a huge piece of angry wild beast. Great paint job. I like very much base is so realistic :) You think this guy with little gun has a chance to survive encounters with the great "Stopmpy"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe... that guy better have a lot of RJ-1027 in that little pistol, or his day will not be very fun! :-)

      Delete
  3. Stunning. Love the glowing effect in his mouth. His teeth are painted on right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No, the teeth are actually sculpted on, which made that kinda difficult :-)

      Delete
  4. Fantastic work. Your stuff continues to inspire me. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for continuing to visit the blog... or the House of Madness! :-)

      Delete