Thursday, October 30, 2014

You're in the Jailhouse now...


We continue with our Jailhouse project, the fantastic new building from Burn In Designs.

No Jail is complete without Wanted posters, so it was time to hit Google. I selected a variety of posters, including those which left a spot for your own image.  


I figured that I would make my own Wanted posters later, and use this selection for now.  One of them was even Billie the Kid, so that was perfect!


Posters printed... time to cut them out!


The posters already add so much flavor!


More posters on the side walls...


And inside too!


I brought out some Secret Weapon weathering powders to do some final work...


Using a large, soft brush, the dried pigments were applied towards the bottom of the walls to indicate the kicked up dust.


A darker mixture was used to indicate some stains coming down from the roof.


I love the difference little touches such as these make.


Looking more and more like a jail...


Here's your sign!  Done in glowing red, as my Lawmen love.


The 'mysterious stranger' arrives at the Jail.  Could Worf be inside?


My next effort will be taking care of the boardwalk sections and possibly the Gallows.


12 comments:

  1. WOW! Simply amazing, who's the girl? Will we see here in a future battle report?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is actually a Reaper BONES mini. She will be featured in a special scenario that we are creating around the jail. She will be the "Mysterious Stranger" who shows up to help the Lawmen with Jesse, Billie and the Wild Bunch Gang!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, and for visiting the blog!!

      Delete
  3. Dude, it's sick how fast and awesome you work. Seriously jealous of your skills, lol. Glad I found your blog through the WWX forum. I'm sure I can learn much from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are tons of how to articles... terrain, basing, shaded bascoat, glazing, NMM, and lots more!!!

      Delete
  4. Nice to see an Aussie connection of sorts - excellent work as usual, James, I only dream of being able to produce work of this standard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You know that I love Aussie rules footie! Advance Australia fair! Looking forward to painting the rest of the town :-)

      Delete
    2. I had the misfortune of adopting the Western Bulldogs. Poor choice! I hated the Barry Hall experiment.

      Delete
  5. Amazing work James. You really showcased how fantastic you can make a prefab building look (well from the wood based MDF stuff!)

    My only comment would be that your door and bars seem very clean compared to all the weathering on everything else! Maybe they have to keep replacing them because people keep breaking out :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! These are not the 'finished' pics... I have done a few more odds and ends since these shots!

      Delete