Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Another tank division takes shape...


So, when you have a bunch of colors sitting out there on the palette, and you know you don;t need them for what's right in front of you, you either let it dry out or grab something else!

With the partially restored work area, I had the Panzers sitting nearby.  That meant I could use up all the leftover colors for a good purpose!  Tiny tanks for Memoir '44!


While I enjoyed the desert paint scheme, I was looking forward to the standard early war gray since I knew the weathering would really show up nicely.

I had mixed greenish gray, blue/gray, even some pink in the gray, just to create that variety in shade to force some extra shape onto something so small.

It was pretty much everything I put into the Shades of Gray video. :-)


Ooh, and I just had to try these out on a backdrop with some green!


With the Foxy Desert Panzers...


One unit of late war camo pattern Panzers are on the way, so that will make for some fun group shots!


Ready for action!


6 comments:

  1. Somehow I had not come across your blog before! I've seen your miniatures around in other places though (Art of War I think?). The tanks look very nice. What size are they? I've added you to my blog roll at http://rustandthecity.blogspot.ca/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! The tanks are about the size of a quarter. If you look at the Memoir section of the blog, I think there are a few posts that give a sense of the scale :-)

      Delete
  2. Really impressive. Is that 15mm or 6mm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memoir has a mix of scales, but I am pretty sure this is 6mm... or close to it...

      Delete
  3. I really love the painterly quality of these tanks. They remind me very much of an impressionist style...if an impressionist decided they wanted to paint some tanks. :) You must have so much joy while you paint!

    ReplyDelete