Saturday, August 9, 2014

The bark is better than the bite


The bases are now fully painted!  I have also added a few strategically placed tufts of grass form Army Painter.


Now they are all set for GenCon and the Demonstration tables/Wild West Exodus booth!


Hopefully I will get a chance to paint some on these guys during that time.  I will also be getting lessons in playing the game.


I have some other unpainted bases that I will be bringing, along with basing materials to make more!


The newest set...


As I painted these, I tried to think about the colors that I would be using on the figures.  These will be a tad bit warmer, with more reddish browns.  That will contrast in a subtle way with the greenish grays and browns of the bases.


I do like how the dried foliage looks once painted!


Just starting to put together a simple costume for the Wild West Exodus booth.  Nothing fancy.


7 comments:

  1. The bases look great! Really organic. I'm sure Gencon will be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bases look fantastic. Look forward to seeing them with the miniatures. Nice suit too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I will get some decent time in the booth to paint them!

      Delete
  3. Costume? What costume?

    The bases look flat-out amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to both your minis AND cosplay!!

    ReplyDelete