Monday, June 9, 2014

Playing in the sandbox


In preparation for the Mediterranean campaigns, I have started to paint some American and German tanks in desert scheme as well.


I have gone with more weathering for my versions.  Part of this is to hide some of the mould lines, but also to lend a better sense of scale.  That tends to make super tiny things seem a little less small :-)


Most of the color transitions were done with glazes.  I wanted to have more of a warm, sepia color in some areas, but more greenish brown in others.


I also went back in with some light colors mixed with the glazes to reinforce the middle tones, as usual.


I look forward to doing more of the desert theme, but also trying out the weathering on Western Front Panzers and Shermans...


No comments:

Post a Comment