Thursday, June 12, 2014

Getting Happy with paint.


All right... finally time to show the images of the painting process.

For those not familiar with this string of posts, these are bases that I made using one of the Happy Seppuku moulds.  Go on their website and see them!  You can also check out previous posts on this topic.


I started out with some tan for the non-metal part of the bases.


Once that was done, it was time to apply some dark blue-gray.


I gradually lightened the mix...


I lightened it some more, making sure to get more green or more brownish grays here and there.


Final highlights!


Glazing time!  I have a variety of colors from Secret Weapon, Vallejo and Reaper.


Even the initial blue/black glazes make a huge difference. The Shaded Basecoat technique applies to basing too!


Gotta have some rust effects, beginning with a mix of glaze colors and a reddish brown.


Adding a little more orange to that to make it lighter.

Just a few more details and tidbits, and they will be all done!!!


2 comments:

  1. These look great, I would not have guess they had been made from a mold! As always, thank you for the step by step photos, it really helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad that it can be useful!

      Delete