Monday, March 10, 2014

Working hard


Here are a few quick shots that I took as I was working on the recent Victoria miniatures.  You have seen the finished results, but not the more interesting tandem techniques of Shaded Basecoat and Glazing.

Those of you familiar with the Shaded Basecoat know that the idea is to apply the first layers as rapidly as possible, working from the middle tones up to the highlights.


I don't pay much attention to 'staying in the lines', as you can see :-)

It's all about setting the stage for those eventual glazes.


It goes for freehand as well, such as the plaid.


Yes, for the bases as well.  At this point, I am starting to add those glazes.  I may put 3-8 layers of glaze on a given area.  That's not always just to darken it... that can be for tinting as well.

The tinting in the glazing stage is what makes those simpler, lighter colors work in the Shaded Basecoat stage.


More glazing... more tinting.


Just about finished.  You have already seen the completed pics.  I added a few Secret Weapon weathering powders to the bases and to the figures themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment