Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Flight of the Valkia


Here's a mini that's been waiting for paint for years.  Back when I was trying to start a Chaos army, I thought that Valkia the Bloody would be a fun character.  I converted this Reaper figure, adding a Chaos Knight halberd.


I don't think I will even get around to that Chaos army, so I just painted her anyway...


This is actually a pretty massive hunk of metal!


You can get a better idea of just how big this is next to a more 'human' sized Reaper figure.


2 comments:

  1. Really nice. Love that reaper mini you used too. Also, just watched the skeleton sample video. Even if i never learn your techniques the sheer joy of watching it come together and the inspiration and ideas it has sparked for upcoming projects i have is refreshing! Now, what's your shoot to final video ratio? 29 min from 12 hours? Lower or higher?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Actually, the full video is 100 minutes long :-)

      There is little or no additional footage, since the plan was to show everything from start to finish. No speed ramping, no 'here's how it looks 3 hours later', etc. There were times where I had to cut the film to dry something, or a dropped the figure, or there was background interference, etc.

      I know that I would want to see everything as it happens. That created lots of planning and other difficulties, but it was worth it in the end!!

      Delete