Saturday, September 28, 2013

A little peek


Here's a peek at something that was cobbled together using hideously miscast parts, leftover plastic pieces from a regular Stormraven I had won in a painting contest, and some other pieces.


It was a test of what I could do with my slate colored Grey Knights, which you have seen many times here.


I had the most fun on the red and white areas, since that helped to hide the craziness of the pieces.  Forgeworld has a tendency to send not enough or the wrong parts.  Like three right side engines!!
I have more images of this guys coming...


I think I may have done a step by step article on the base way back when.
Anyway, it was a fun experiment overall.


6 comments:

  1. The level of detailing on that is insanely good... really like the way the scorch marks seem to flow backward very realistic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent all round. Puts my efforts to shame but a really great inspiration for what can be achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Is there any stop that you did not pull out on this model?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cutting almost 1/8th inch off a miscast part was one :-)

      Delete