Thursday, April 4, 2013

A few more images...



I almost forgot to post the rest of the Venom images!


There are still those remaining details to finish on this and the other vehicles, but that will wait until everything else is at this sane stage.


I would rather not do that piecemeal, which could lead me to forget something, or not have consistent results...


There are other details that I would like to add, but that is only if there is time.  Now that I have to spend some time reworking a Tomb Kings unit of chariots, that will cut down on the 'extras'.


Hopefully I will get the chance to do most of the fun extra touches on this army...



Stay tuned for a lot more in the next few days!



2 comments:

  1. hey James, this looks awesome again! How exactly do you make the honeycomb-motive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little hard to describe without images, but don't fear, I have more vehicles to paint, and I will be able to take those step by steps then.

      I started out by taking a GW blazing orange color, and working out the pattern using rough hexagon shapes. You can see that I tried to vary the sizes, often starting out with a bigger hex surrounded by smaller hexes.

      Then I started to use brighter oranges to 'pull out' some parts of the pattern to make them stand out.

      I hope this is helpful for now!!

      Delete