Friday, March 29, 2013

Up and away! A Venom is ready to go!



You have seen the pieces and parts of this figure already... now it's time to see it all together!


Like the Periodic Table, lots of elements went into creating the entirety of this Venom.


Lots of freehand, OSL, basing, blood, and much more!


I have finally gotten into a comfort zone painting these guys... a point where constant experimentation becomes a more routine process.


It is always a relief to get to that stage!  Everything gets a bit easier then.


Identifying exactly what sort of icons and symbols I want is an agonizing process of rapid decision making, but once that is done, you can have lots of fun with it!


I have some top views of this which show the upper skin of the vehicle even more.


Stay tuned!!!



4 comments:

  1. Excellent. I love it. I can't wait to see the whole army finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply amazing, Jim! I really am digging this. This could be one of my favorite models I've seen you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! Hopefully I will have a bunch more favorites by Adepticon! :-)

      Delete