Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Wrath of Kings: work in progress bases for Hydross faction

Photobucket

Photobucket

There is a new line of miniatures appearing on the Coolminiornot website.  It is called Wrath of kings, and this is one of the new factions, the Hyrdoss.  Here is some concept art:

Photobucket

Obviously, there is an aquatic theme here :-)  So, I tried to make bases that conveyed that flavor.  I wanted them to have a sort of Atlantian look, with some mosaic tile, etc.  The seaweed was an idea that came a little later.  I decided not to have it curling up towards the surface, since it would be fragile and perhaps take away from the minis.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Instead, I had it flattened out on the marble.  Since I had never sculpted it before, I had to do a bit of research.  I learned a lot about sculpting that particular vegetation!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment