Friday, August 3, 2012

WOrk in Progress: Tainted World Eater Decimator

Photobucket

Well, get ready for Decimator #2!  This time, we cover the Khorne god.  It required a whole different set of conversion tactics than the Nurgle version.  I collected just about every skull I could find, and even that was not enough.  I had to sculpt about 7 more myself.  This should fit in quite well with all the previous "Tainted" World Eater pieces that have come before, such as the rhinos and predators.

Here are some torso shots (you can't go wrong with bunny ears!!!!).

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the legs...

Photobucket

Photobucket

And for the base...
Photobucket

There is still more being added, but this all needed several hours to set up before the next step.  I also added some things to the weapon arms, but I am waiting on Magnets!

13 comments:

  1. Finally! But I think it needs some skulls! So will you be doing this to go with the Heresy era World Eaters or in the Post-Heresy colors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same Pre Heresy colors as all the others... it will be fun!!

      Delete
  2. I am curious about your use of liquid GS? ANy chance you can comment on why you use it in this way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There can sometimes be a large texture difference between plastic and metals, so the LGS helps to equalize that. Also, there were a lot of little gaps that were created as I piled up all the different skulls, and the Liguid Green stuff was a nice quick way to do that :-)

      Delete
  3. That's starting to look amazing already, James. I'm not entirely sure about the dragon-head coming off the sides of the knees, but if anyone can make it work, you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now are these all for commissions or are you just really in love with the Decimator kit? Its okay if you are I have 5 large scale imperial space marines that I am slowly converting and getting ready for paint. Though the larger scale is a little intimidating when I consider how to paint them and all the detail I will be able to lavish upon them....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are all commission pieces :-) Foregworld stuff is a bit out of my price league!

      Delete
    2. Yeah I know what you mean. It took me years to collect those 5 large scale marines and I'm now going so slowly and carefully because i don't want to mess up a single thing on those pricey pieces of resin. Cue stress shakes here ~~~~~~~~~~wiggle, wiggle~~~~~~

      Delete
    3. I hope cleaning all the mould release is not too much of a pain! :-) I hate that!

      Delete
  5. Love your work dude, looks great!!!!!


    http://awardpainting.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant - I loved the Nurgle one, this one is shaping up to be equally as great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This guy should be done by late Wednesday night, so pics coming soon!

      Delete