Monday, August 6, 2012

When the lights go out: part Two

Photobucket

Well, I had expected to be finished with this second Imperial Fists Rapier by now, but Com Ed had other plans.  On the nicest weather day since May (temps of under 80 degrees, no wind, not a cloud in the sky), the power cuts out.  It stays out long enough to completely screw with the painting of this piece.

So, it was time for drastic measures:

Photobucket

I grabbed the lights that I had used on the Tomb Kings army board, thinking I could attach those to my magnifier light.  No dice there.

So, I tried to tape them to other surfaces:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, it was time to break out the candles again...
Photobucket
At least the power is back on.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, So what is the difference between a hobby and obsession.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he.. this actually marks the 4th time I have painted by candelight!

      Delete