Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Big Momma Carnosaur!

OK, here it is!  The aforementioned first attempt at the Carnosaur with wings.

Just as it was with the baby dragons and the lava reflections, painting this whole figure in red made getting the OSL of the lava that much more difficult.  I had to mix some blues into my shadow areas on top to "cool down" the reds enough to make the lava look hot enough!

Photobucket

Here she is on CMON, waiting for someone to vote for her...

http://www.coolminiornot.com/307380

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are a few WIP images prior to painting.  It gives some idea of the sculpting needed to adapt the wings to the Carnosaur.
Photobucket

Photobucket

And then a few views with no rider...
Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought that I was not foolish enough to try something a crazy as this again, but I now realize that my new Tomb Kings army is far more insane!

      Delete