Friday, June 1, 2012

And now for something completely different...

OK, this had to be the most unusual commission request I have ever gotten.

The buyer wanted to have a 40k Thousand Sons sorcerer on a captured Slaan Palanquin, with the poor toad sitting there in chains!  So sad. :-(

To assist with issues of weight and scale, I had to scratch sculpt both the Slaan and the Palanquin.  It pained me to do the whole thing with the chains, but it was fun to make a palanquin!  That was made with sculpey and Apoxy sculpt, while the Slaan was created with Apoxy sculpt and green stuff.

I also made the base with the crystals.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a  few images of just the sorcerer and Palanquin:
Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Certainly a strange one, but bloody brilliant! I'd love some new space slann!

    ReplyDelete