Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tomb Kings Khalida Diorama: Finished views

This mass swathe of images is a project which I did back in 2004-05.  My apologies for the less than spectacular images... this was a long time ago, and at least 2 cameras have come and gone!  Also, my painting technique has changed and evolved in almost every way.

At least they give you an idea of what the finished product looked like :-)  I will be posting a host of WIP images later on Sunday.  I used baked sculpey to create the broken columns.  Once they were baked, and chopped away at them with knives and carving tools.  The glyphs were also done with the same carving tools.

This piece came to mind recently, since I am currently working on my Tomb Kings army furiously for Armies on Parade.  In fact, I have done a whole batch of new and updated versions of those broken columns for my Carrion. :-)  Yes, I promise to start putting up those images as well!  Get ready for a deluge...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment