Sunday, May 27, 2012

Snow diorama

Photobucket

This was an experiment to see just how wintry I could make a diorama :-) It presented many challenges. The foliage, the icicles, the snow pack, all of those were things that had to be figured out. Oh yeah, and there was a miniature on there as well!


The part I liked the least was putting the snow on the foliage. Getting the foliage onto the trees was hard enough, and I got my usual "green thumb", as a huge amount of the foliage was super glued to my hand.

I used some woodland scenics spray glue to try and get the snow flock to stick to the trees. Needless to say, that process was very messy!

All of the rocks were made with white sculpey by pressing a varity of small landscaping rocks into the clay prior to baking.  Some special water effects was used to create the icicles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment