Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Finishing Saurus Cold ones For Adepticon: the Return of Babo!

Here is one more unit finished off for the Warhammer Fantasy Championships at Adepticon.  Just 2 days to go!!  I am hoping that the nature of the special scenarios and some equipment I gave them will make these guys a little less useless than most heavy cav in 8th edition. 

This unit was put into the army to make it as different as possible from the previous army I brought in 2010.  I will post to the blog to let everyone know how that worked out :-)  The new fluff is nearly written!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Orange! Wow. I really like this contrast. I will try this myself. I am thinking of pulling the cold one's color a little bit more towards the regular dark greens used on current models in the GW catalogue, and giving them the bone colored belly. I suspect the green and orange contrast will make em pop out just as madly as this contrast. I haven't tried the non-metal metal painting technique you use here, and instead will probably use the golden metalic GW paints. Do you think that will still pop out well over the orange?

    I just discovered your work a week ago while starting up my new lizardmen army, and boy am I glad I did. Keep up the great work! Greetings from the Netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! I am glad you have enjoyed the Lizardman army! There is a lot in the gallery, that's for sure!

      I think you should still be OK with the metallics. Just make sure that the darks are 'cool' enough to contrast with the orange.

      Cheers! Jim

      Delete