Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pre Heresy White Scars Gallery #1

I have painted every type of the Forgeworld Pre Heresy armor, and this is by far the most 'paintable' version.  It looks the best to me, as well.  Two of the other armor types are not as striking visually, and one of them trends towards a lot of miscasts.

I enjoyed a different color scheme for a change (not red or blue!), so here are some White Scars!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


7 comments:

  1. Very nice! The blending on the greys is superb. Did you use an airbrush or is it all painted by hand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello-

    Thanks for the kind words, and for checking out the blog! I never use an airbrush on miniatures. I haven't used mine in many years, since I stopped doing 2D paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the first comment. excellent blending... Will these be at Adepticon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for checking out the blog!

    All of the Pre Heresy figures that will be posted to the blog are commission pieces. I am working quite furiously on all my Adepticon armies, however! There should be images of those items popping up here next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. James, I'm looking to send all 15 of my converted pre-heresy White Scars bikers to a pro painter. Your Scars are by far the best example I've ever seen.

    Do you have an email I can reach you on for a quotation? I'm happy to pay whatever it takes to have as beautifully painted models as this in my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for the kind words, and for checking out the blog!

      You can reach me on facebook, using my regular name...

      Delete
    2. Hello! Thanks for the kind words, and for checking out the blog! You can reach me on facebook at James Wappel...

      Delete