Saturday, July 5, 2014

Dealin' it at Convergence


So, life on the road, headed to Convergence on Wednesday morning.


Camp Douglass always signifies that you are beginning to get close.  Also, Black River Falls is not far away!


Black River Falls.  The Orange Moose, Perkins, and the Mouse.


Cathy in her Nightvale gear approaching the giant mouse.


Giant ugly mouse.


On arrival, it was time to haul up the stuff, nine bins at a time.  Five or six trips at least, through the hotel, up the elevator...


Halo Kitty!


Then the Great Puzzle begins.  Where the heck do you put everything?

Every design is labeled as "front row worthy" it seems, but something has to go in the back.

As it turns out, things in the back are not so horrible.  They are very close to us, which means people need to ask us to hold them up, and they don't feel so guilty about it, since it is right next to us. :-)


The game continues.  Cathy organizes them into sectors, like Dr. Who, Cuthulhu, Science, and Gaming.  This also made it easier for me, since I could gravitate towards sections where I thought I had a bit more knowledge, and could banter!


The leather folks next door.  Some very cool stuff in there!  I smelled leather all weekend long!


Another shot before lots of the dealers arrived.


Wage gets into the action!!


And Babo's Bag of Holding!!


Babo sold lots of Hoodies over the weekend.


Then there were these guys.  Cathy's shirt is in Gallifrey round text, and it's the poem from A Good Man Goes to War.  I have my Lucky Memoir '44 shirt!!

Plus, the signs that I made for my own referral, which turned out to be in just the right spot for all the customers to see!  Got very little price requests.  Yea!


6 comments:

  1. Hope you guys had a great time and sold a bunch of shirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I believe we shattered the mark set from last year :-)

      Delete
  2. Did not realize you were selling shirts. Nice shot of the rocks at Camp Douglas, its a cool sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just a temporary worker for the weekend to lend a hand to Cathy, and so we could see the relatives afterwards. :-)

      Delete
  3. Nice tee's! Halo Kitty, I'm still laughing :`)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there were a ton of really hilarious shirts! :-)

      Delete