All right... finally time to show the images of the painting process.
For those not familiar with this string of posts, these are bases that I made using one of the Happy Seppuku moulds. Go on their website and see them! You can also check out previous posts on this topic.
I started out with some tan for the non-metal part of the bases.
Once that was done, it was time to apply some dark blue-gray.
I gradually lightened the mix...
I lightened it some more, making sure to get more green or more brownish grays here and there.
Glazing time! I have a variety of colors from Secret Weapon, Vallejo and Reaper.
Even the initial blue/black glazes make a huge difference. The Shaded Basecoat technique applies to basing too!
Gotta have some rust effects, beginning with a mix of glaze colors and a reddish brown.
Adding a little more orange to that to make it lighter.
Just a few more details and tidbits, and they will be all done!!!