- Blood Bowl Teams
- Step By Step: Painting a Predator
- Using the 'Shaded Basecoat' Technique to paint Saurus warriors
- Step By Step armor for Tomb Kings Horsemen
- Step by Step painting of a Gamezone Cold One
- Painting a marble and tile flying base
- How I photograph my miniatures: A window into my photo booth
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Here's a new project for Games Day... a Nurgle Decimator! Nurgle is always fun to paint, and even more fun to sculpt :-)
I scraped off a few of the standard symbols, and added lots of pustules and gooey stuff!
I had even more fun sculpting the ooze on the legs! A little tricky, but fun!
Cathy suggested that I add some of the oxide paste to this, to really give it that rusted/corroded look. It worked out very well, since it offered a texture very different from all the smooth things I was adding. It will also work well with what I am doing for the base...
I had to do something brand new with the magnets. I have experimented lately by using sheet metal with my magnets, as opposed to "magnet to magnet". There are some advantages. First, it is less expensive, second it means you won't have magnets attracting each other in confined spaces on a mini, and third, you don't have to worry about polarity issues! This is actually number one for me, since it means I can add arms to this at any time, and I never have to worry about which way the magnets are facing!
Here I started to add some iky things to the weapons...
And meet my painting staff. This is how we get so much done so quickly!
Quite the barrel of monkeys!
This was one of the parts I was dreading most... getting this massive hunk of resin "airborne" Not only is the Storm Eagle very heavy, the majority of the weight is aft of the centerline, which made balancing it quite a challenge! Setting the angle of the post was critical in that effort.
Here are some images of the Eagle in flight:
Here are some slightly different angles... a bit dramatic! :-)
And for a few close ups of the flying base: