It's time to finish off the Morghul knight that was originally painted with oils during a Hobby Hangout session a few weeks ago! As I have emphasized a great deal lately, it is possible to paint part or even the majority of the figure using oils, and then finish it off with "regular" acrylic paints.
Here's a link to the first post:
In this case, I will take a few of the Reaper Liner paints and the Secret Weapon weathering paints to emphasize a few of the darker areas and sharpen up some of the edges, as well as add a little extra detail to the base.
The more I work with oil paints, the more ways I discover that allow me to go further on the figure. Initially I saw the oil paints as a way to create very rapid transitions of color on broad surfaces, especially larger figures and cloaks.
This is something that I have wanted to try for a very long time... putting not only lighter toned colors around cobblestones, but the more usual dark sections of the mortar. You can see a bit of this lighter color on the left side of the base, which was made using a Green Stuff World texture roller.
The Secret Weapon paints were perfect for this task, as they are designed to be used in a glaze form, and are also very matte in finish. Sometimes the oils can be a little on the shiny side, and this kills that right away.
I used my handy Green Stuff World leaf punches to create a little ground foliage to go around the joint where the hoof met the base, and he was ready for action!
I will do one more post with the rest of the completed images. In the meantime, he is also here: