For all those out there in Wappelville who have been wondering what happened with the tournament army, the results had been tallied, and we can say Mission Accomplished!!!!!!
Of course, we brought our own crack Strike Team with us, just to be sure of this result. Babo Protects!
Many thanks to all those who voted for me in the Player's Choice as well! Much appreciated.
Now for some exterior views with a bit nicer lighting.
This one shows how helpful the cart was over the weekend. It made dealing with this monstrosity quite easy.
Plenty of room for the miniatures, dice, books and so on!
The original plan was to have flying buttresses along these front walls, but as you can see by this image, there was not going to be any room for minis if I carried that plan through!
I think these views show the verticality of the cathedral... although I was glad that I did not build it any higher.
The more I see these pictures, the more I see how much impact changing an army list can have in the middle of a project. This mostly pertains to the additional vehicles that I included in the final cut.
The Aegis Defense line also looked much better than I thought it would. That was something I had intended to rebuild, but I ended up liking my original version!
I was also glad that I had a place to put the Command Squad and the commissar!
More side views...
A close up of the Secret Weapon tanks and the Victoria Miniatures Rough Riders.
I can't say thank you enough to Justin and Victoria!!!
The army arrayed for battle!!!
It's a long way down...
Next up, the interior!
I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who took the time to stop by, check out the army and have a chat with me. It was lots of fun, and the discussions of technique, making concepts reality, the materials and so on was a huge help in working out future projects in my head.
It meant a lot when each person stopped to drop a kind word or two along the way. Thanks, all!