As promised, the final images of the waterfall base! This was originally painted in a facebook live session:
The video shows how the base was painted with Badger Stynelrez primers, and how the foliage was selected and added. Once that was set up, I went ahead with the planned waterfall effect, using the Liquitex Heavy Gloss Gel.
It takes a while for it to dry, depending on how thick it is applied. However, it is very strong and solid, and really holds its shape! You can see in the image on the right that I could even have some water overflowing the edge of the base itself!
This is also a less expensive option than the usual Vallejo Water effects which I have used. Please check out the link to the video and see how that all worked out!