- Blood Bowl Teams
- Step By Step: Painting a Predator
- Using the 'Shaded Basecoat' Technique to paint Saurus warriors
- Step By Step armor for Tomb Kings Horsemen
- Step by Step painting of a Gamezone Cold One
- Painting a marble and tile flying base
- How I photograph my miniatures: A window into my photo booth
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
I posted the WIP images of this piece a few days ago... but now it is painted! Now if I could only stop rolling misfires on two out of every three rolls...
I used balsa wood, sculpey, green stuff, plasticard, and tons of bits to make this item.
I did make a crew for this, but I won't have time to paint them, so I am using the standard crew for now.
The idea here was to make a catapult that was stronger than the standard GW miniature, and have it look more like it belonged on the ground level of the army board.
Sorry for that... it's been a very long day, and as they say... it ain't quite over yet.
Anyway, among other things, I managed to get the colossal painted!
I tried very hard to keep the colors consistent with the other constructs, such as the Stalkers, Necro Knights, Ushabti, Titan, and the Sphinxes.
You might also notice that the patterns on the 'cloth' are the same as the ones down in the Tomb level. It was a lot easier to paint them on the miniature!
I will probably add some more tidbits after Games Day here and there. A bit more freehand in some places.
Here is a "Colossal" view. A "glory" shot :-)
The game was on while I was painting the big guy. Baseball was also watching the game, and he seems very excited that Alexi has hit a 2 run bomb to extend the lead to 7 runs and put the Sox back into a 1st place tie.. However, Alexi appears to be less excited...