Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Scratch built Screaming skull catapult painted!

Photobucket

I posted the WIP images of this piece a few days ago... but now it is painted!  Now if I could only stop rolling misfires on two out of every three rolls...

Photobucket

I used balsa wood, sculpey, green stuff, plasticard, and tons of bits to make this item.

Photobucket

I did make a crew for this, but I won't have time to paint them, so I am using the standard crew for now.

Photobucket

The idea here was to make a catapult that was stronger than the standard GW miniature, and have it look more like it belonged on the ground level of the army board.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! Much better than any existing for-sale mini of a skeletal catapult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a lot less likely to break, that;s for sure! :-)

      Delete