Friday, February 1, 2013

Don't fall to pieces... painting a Hell Drake



Before I started the Hell Drake, I was fortunate enough to hear from many sources that painting this thing was 'interesting' if you didn't break it down into separate parts first!

I wanted to make these sections as large as possible, but I ended up breaking it down this way:


Here you can see me starting to put down some colors...


I was able to magnetize the two weapons on the head, by cutting them both off the main part.


A few more colors added...


Now this is just about at the stage the 2 Forge Fiends are at, waiting for some glazes and shading!


Hopefully this will save someone some time and frustration before they assemble this guy completely and find it impossible to paint!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment