- Blood Bowl Teams
- Step By Step: Painting a Predator
- Using the 'Shaded Basecoat' Technique to paint Saurus warriors
- Step By Step armor for Tomb Kings Horsemen
- Step by Step painting of a Gamezone Cold One
- Painting a marble and tile flying base
- How I photograph my miniatures: A window into my photo booth
Sunday, January 6, 2013
Getting to know the Rivet Wars grunts!!
Let's get to know some Allied infantry, shall we?
While the vehicles and cavalry could almost be painted with a standard approach, the ground pounders required something different. It was similar to my shaded basecoat technique, but my normal glazing was set aside for the most part.
Painting the eyes is very important on these guys, as it really makes the whole miniature. There was special effort taken to put "angry" faces on what would normally be considered a cutsie kind of thing. So, I tried very hard to make the eyes as expressive as possible. Given that the rest of the face is very flat, it is even more vital.
Of course, the eyes are much bigger here than normal, thus creating more opportunity. I am hoping to have some step by steps soon!
Here are a few images:
My next post will bring out the Cavalry!!! Stay tuned...