Sunday, January 6, 2013

Introducing Rivet Wars!!!!

Photobucket

Some of you may have seen the latest Kickstarter program from Coolminiornot.  It is called Rivet Wars!

Here is a link:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/rivet-wars?ref=home_popular

And a little introduction:

Rivet Wars is a miniatures boardgame that springs forth from the warped imagination of Ted Terranova - set on a world that never quite left World War I but with crazy technology like walking tanks, diesel powered armor, unicycle vehicles and armor plated cavalry!


Don't let the cute visuals fool you, it's a world full of angst, war-torn camaraderie and dark humor.


When you see it, you will probably think the same thing Cathy and I did when these arrived for painting... they are the most unusual minis you will ever see! :-)  We also thought they would be very fun as a result.  It's hard in this day and age to come up with something so unlike everything else...

This post introduces you to a few of the miniatures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here we have a few images that show the entire "Ally" force.  The tanks are particularly fun!
Photobucket

Needless to say, I had to develop all new painting techniques to paint these!  I have more posts coming with multiple close up images of the vehicles.  Unlike conventional 23 mm figures, these don't have lots of little surfaces, particularly on the Infantry.  I will try to explain some of the things I did on those guys as well!

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, go check out the Kickstarter and see for yourself!  Stay tuned for more here...

10 comments:

  1. When I saw the weathering I suspected you had painted these, while looking at the KS page. When I saw the NMM gold I knew they were yours. Great job. They look like a fun set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he! I hope that eventually I have a set of my own and I can do some interesting stuff with them...

      Delete
    2. No doubt, I certainly signed up for this one!

      ~Chad

      Delete
    3. I bet you will do some great stuff with these guys... can't wait to see!

      Delete
  2. Jet another smile :-)
    Fun looking mini's.
    Awesome paint job as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I would be tempted to do some trench stuff on my own bases... some barbed wire as well!!

      Delete
  3. Those are fantastic!!! I love how you have captured a "Dark and Gritty" feel on a Chibi cutsie Type mini..... Just Awesome Jim!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the kind words! When I first sat down to paint these, there was a moment where I thought... "What the heck do I try here?" I had to set aside any preconceptions and just go! :-)

      Delete
  4. James, thanks for the fantastic work you did. When I saw the pictures of these for the first time I was blown away. You really took the minis to a new level. I really appreciate the work and craft you put into this. Thank you so much.

    -Ted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, that is wonderful to hear from The Creator! I have great admiration for anyone who creates games... and unique minis! It is a relief that I did your ingenuity some justice!

      Congratulations on all your hard work! :-)

      Delete