Monday, January 28, 2013

Fist bump time! Terminator Squad finished!!!



Yes!  Now this is the moment I love... getting to attach finished miniatures onto bases!


After seeing them on stick for so long, it is always very striking to see them on the bases for the first time.  By the way, the bases are from DragonForge...


One by one, they are attached, building to final completion...


I don't think I have ever taken an image of this stage.  In fact, I know I haven't.  So, you are seeing history :-)


And now for some group shots!  I will post the individual ones as they are processed.


These guys were way tougher than I thought they were going to be, due to massive sculpting and casting issues.  I certainly learned a lot...


I hope you have enjoyed seeing the process of painting these guys.  It is always interesting to look back at those early stages when you get to this point, and see what it took to get here!


Again, I will post the individual shots later.  I did an experiment with some new lighting, which I liked a lot, and will become a permanent thing.  It was a bit of an accident, as a fallen/shattered light made the experiment necessary!


More on that story later! Stay tuned...


As always, the techniques used to create these guys are on the painting video kickstarter:


2 comments: