Sunday, January 13, 2013

Air raid: Some Dragyri from Dark Age


It continues to be very very hectic here!  Lots of activity in so many areas.  Before I try to prepare for "officially" announcing the Kickstarter on CoolMiniOrNot, I wanted to get in a late night blog post. :-)

This one involves the Dragyri Air Caste.  We have a Trueborn, in this case a Whisper.  The flesh tones on these figures had to be grey, as opposed to the usual brown of the Ice Caste.



Here a Yovanka joins the Whisper.  The base design became a particular favorite of mine, and I did it for all the trueborns in this batch.


Here we have a Taskmaster, and a crystal base made from sculpey.  More techniques that I am making videos for the Kickstarter!


Here's the Taskmaster with some slaves...


And finally, a batch of normal slaves.  The Dragyri really "scale up", as you have these really little guys, who give way to some bigger Trueborns, all the way up to big monsters!




2 comments:

  1. How did you do the spiral design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The design was painted a medium blue color to get the shape, and then I used slightly lighter colors to 'pull out' the pattern in certain areas.

      I kept going lighter and lighter, until it had a slighlty 'glowing' effect.

      I hope that's helpful!

      Cheers

      Delete