Another day, another base insert. I needed to match the previous set of sandbags. After finding the plasticard, I broke up some sculpey pieces and started glueing.
After attaching my plasticard, I carved a few wood planks from smaller baked sculpey pieces.
I tried to position the boards in an interesting way, but still allow for a big miniature to stand on it.
All the boards are now in place...
I grab the Apoxy sculpt, and sculpt some sandbags!!
First row in position. After they set up for a bit, I used my tool to create a seam for each bag.
Additional rows are added, laying them out in a very similar way to placing bricks. It is important to vary the placement, making the bags look like they are 'flexible', and not super rigid.
One more row!
This time, I put some bullet holes in the bags.
I tried to fill in all the potential gaps with Apoxy sculpt, so that it would be easier to make the casts.
Add some rocks...
Now for some sand spilling out of the holes!
More sand and gravel.
One more major detail. I cut some polystryene tubing to match the shell casings on the floor of the trench. They are placed on the feeder strip.
I may still add some larger shells, like mortar rounds, but all I have left to do it put some more green stuff on the ammo strip, and that's it!