Saturday, June 2, 2012

Really Pre Heresy Thousand Sons :-)

I know that these days what constitutes "Pre Heresy" colors and appearance can get folks in a bit of a tizzy, but I think there can't be much question with these guys :-)

It was a fun squad to paint, but my favorite was the Prospero banner.  I would love to make myself a Prospero gaming table.  OK, I think I will! 

Also, blue purity seals were the most guilty of pleasures!  It was also a blast to do the scarab bases.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Is your "gold" on your pre-heresy thousandsons non-metalic gold? If so what did you do to achieve it? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! All my metals are NMM.

      I have about a dozen different ways to approach my golds. One method is to take Ianden Darksun as a base, add a yellow white to lighten that and work all the way up to that lightest shade.

      Then I do a series of glazes and washes to shade it darker. I will use a sepia to start, and then mix in either purple or even a green if I really want to have a cooler shadow color.
      Then I work back into my middle tones with a yellow/tan mix.

      I hope that helps a bit...

      Delete