This is my third Laffly truck for my early war French army, but it has a few extra details that the others don't. Before version 2 was released, there was a lot of questions about how many machine guns were active on these transports... and where exactly the guns were mounted.
The new version made things a lot clearer, but I'm still glad that I did these conversion elements to this great vehicle from Mad Bob's Miniatures. Both machine guns can be removed, and the crew firing is a very fun addition!
If you want to see what this looked like when I first did the conversion, and a conversation of what it was like to hack away at the gun on the pewter figure, you can check out this previous post:
Most of the vehicle, and the figure as well, were painted with acrylics. Of course, I have some Mig Ammo mud effects paints, and those made short work of adding the mud and splashes!
As I became more familiar with working on these historical vehicles, I started to get a better handle on things such as stowage and other ways to customize the vehicles. When you have up to 3 of these in your army, it can be very handy for telling them apart from a distance in the middle of a game!
Here's a link to the Mad Bob's Miniatures site:
With this completed, it is time to start filming the first of the battle reports! I can't wait to see these on the Ardennes board, against their German Heer counterparts.
I have 13 other armies under way, so these battle reports will eventually cover every era and theatre of the conflict. It will be part of my Patreon Page offerings once I get the recordings down and edited.
If you would like to be a part of making that all possible, here's the Page: