Thursday, February 18, 2016

New Beasties!!


Earlier this week, I was fortunate enough to see a post on Facebook from Blood Keep Miniatures, announcing their pre-order sale.  I was intrigued with the images that I saw on the post, but then truly stunned when I visited their webpage, because I saw things like this!

First... wow.  Stunning in so many ways, composition, originality, and the intricacies of the details.


Not only do all of the creatures have a wonderful flow to the poses, they also have some unique treatments or even concepts, such as this Maara.


I have never seen anything quite like this, so it's definitely a must have for me!  I believe this is a physical rendition, not a digital render.


The scale is listed as: Height 160mm, Length 210mm and Width 60mm.


As I said, each of the figures is truly amazing.  I thought this was a spectacular rendition of a Greater Fire Demon/Elemental.


I thought they handled the flames and skin texture perfectly.


And then there's the base!  I absolutely love that!


It is very beautiful, but also practical.  You still get the dramatic posing of the demon, but also the very handy base size.  This means it will fit into those wargaming situations when you have to make contact with a unit in combat.  No need to worry about getting poked with plastic spears here, since he is above the fray! :-)


Here he is in another context...


Some closer views of the details...


This is not my paint job, but certainly along the lines of what I'd like to do with it!

Here's the website!



No comments:

Post a Comment